Dr. Derrick F. Ziemba was born in the Pioneer Valley before moving to a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. He returned to the east coast to attend Providence College where he graduated with a B. S. in Biology, B.A. in Chemistry and a Business Studies certificate. Next, he went on to earn his dental degree from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dr. Ziemba completed a General Practice Residency at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut. During this year long program, he learned the relationship between dental health and overall medical health in patients.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- New England Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (NEACD)
- National Polish Dental and Medical Society (NMDA)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS)
- Valley District Dental Society (VDDS)
- Faculty Club, SPEAR
- Nobel Perio Spear Study Club
He is also on the advisory committee at Porter and Chester Institute, Dental Assisting Department, the committee helps with the design of the students’ curriculum. Pioneer Valley Dental Arts is also one of the externship sites for dental assisting students to shadow the staff and get some real-life experience.
Each year Dr. Ziemba attends numerous hours of Dental continuing education to keep up with the newest technology, techniques and procedures. At this time he is participating in advanced training at the Spear Center of Excellence. He is certified in Straumann, 3i, and Noble-Biocare Implant Systems.
Dr. Ziemba is married to his wife Christine, a Pioneer Valley native. They have two children.
In his spare time, he enjoys playing and coaching ice hockey, golfing, fishing, and spending quality time with his family and friends.